now browsing by category
No one can deny that a solid pillar of relationships is making sacrifices for the other person, and com-promising. But when you find that you’re making too many sacrifices, and your integrity is slipping, it could mean you’re being taken advantage of in your relationship and acting like a doormat instead of being so virtuously selfless.
- You’re fine with broken promises. Keeping your promises is an important part of a relationship, and constantly accepting that disappointment will keep low expectations and lead to a broken relationship. Nip it in the bud
- You live off the crumbs, so to say – the only text he’s sent in 7 days lights your face up, even though it shouldn’t. When you complain you haven’t met his friends or family, he introduces you to unimportant co-workers to string you along and brushes off a serious request. Don’t settle for crumbs – hold yourself like the goddess you are!
- He calls himself “spontaneous”, but last minute dates and frequent flaking make him sound more like a jerk that sounds doesn’t care about your time and is only concerned about his own.
- But in the same vein, you don’t let him know that keeping dates and promises are important. You’re always waiting around, and never say that you’re busy. Even if you had previous plans with your BFF, you’ll bail if he sends a casual, “you around?” text. Hoes over bros, ladies, remember that!
- You don’t set boundaries for yourself. If you say, “no”, you feel guilty and he puts blame on you, but if he says “no”, it’s totally the norm. Rules should apply to both of you!
- If you feel yourself starting to resent the nice things he does for you, it probably means you’re being taken advantage of, and you’re realizing your doormat status. Embrace the awakening and get out of there, girl! Someone genuine deserves your nice actions way more than this loser.
- People that you trust and rely on for honesty in your life say that you’re “too nice.” This often means, “you’re a doormat,” in a non-aggressive way, so don’t take it as a compliment. Friendliness is a virtue, but being too nice means that you don’t know when to put yourself first or set boundaries regarding your self-respect.
- Your significant other keeps making you split the bill, or is always conveniently forgetting his money. This is scrub behaviour at its finest! You deserve to be treated and taken care of instead of the one who’s always taking care of everybody else. The next time he “forgets his wallet”, say that it’s no problem to wait at the restaurant while he goes home and retrieves it, to call out his fakery.
- Your needs overall just aren’t important to him. And the definition of a partner is someone that pro-vides mutually what you provide to them. If what matters to you don’t matter to them, cut that person loose. All they’ll provide is toxic energy that will drag you down and keep you dependent on them. Don’t let the fools rope you in, and rely on girlfriends for love and compliments when you’re feeling low. Wait for the one that deserves you.
When it comes to who you want to spend your life with, there are many different things you have to know. Your sexual orientation may play a huge role in your relationship but your romantic orientation is an even bigger part. That’s right. In addition to there being specific sexual orientations, there are also different romantic orientations we all should educate ourselves on. The difference between sexual orientation and romantic orientation Don’t feel bad if you thought they were the same thing. The truth is, many people don’t realize that there are different types of orientations. There’s a huge difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction. And that’s why they’re separated into specific orientations. Romantic orientation is who you’re attracted to on a romantic level. These are the people you see yourself developing a romantic relationship with. Sometimes these people are the same people you’re sexually attracted to, but not always. Sexual orientation, on the other hand, is who you feel a strong desire to have sex with.
- Aromatic. This romantic orientation can be a little difficult to understand to those of us who feel romance. And that’s because aromatic people do not. They have absolutely no desire to form a romantic connection with a person and they can’t feel it.However, they can feel sexual desire if they’re not asexual. There are far too many people labeling people of this romantic orientation as “smutty” simply because their relationships consist of sex only. And that’s because they just can’t feel a romantic connection.This is in no way true at all. They’re not smutty. They form relationships for the purpose of having sex and those people can also be companions to them. People who are aromatic can still have close friendships.
- Biros mantic. I’m sure by now you’re picking up that many of these romantic orientations are very similar to the names of sexual orientations. So that would mean this one is when someone is attracted to both men and women romantically.Those who are biromantic can feel a romantic connection and attraction with both men and women. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that is also their sexual orientation.
- Heteroromantic. If someone is romantically attracted to a different gender other than their own, they’re heteroromantic. This is also oftentimes paired with a person’s sexual orientation, but not always. More often, someone’s sexual orientation can be bisexual or even fluid while their romantic orientation remains heteroromantic.
- Homoromantic. When someone is homoromantic, they are romantically attracted to the same gender as themselves. Meaning men desire romantic relationships with other men and women with other women. This is definitely seen paired with someone also being homosexual, as well. But that’s not always the case and some can feel a romantic attraction toward their own gender but a sexual attraction toward another.
- Panromantic. If you’ve never heard of pan romantic, chances are you’ve never heard of pansexual either. No worries! This is a less common romantic and sexual orientation, but just as valid as the rest. Someone who is pan romantic can form a romantic attraction toward anyone, regardless of their gender. A person’s gender has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they will feel romantically connected with them.
- Polyromantic. Don’t get this romantic orientation and pan romantics confused. They’re much different but can be seen as the same by those who are less informed. The fact is, being polyromantic is when someone can form a romantic attraction for multiple genders, but not all of them. So even if they are romantically attracted to all but 1, they’re still polyromantic and NOT pan romantic.
- Gray-romantic. This can be a little tricky to understand for a number of reasons. Basically, gray-romantic individuals can feel romantic attraction, but it’s very rare. They don’t experience it very often and when they do, there’s no rhyme or reason to it. This can be confused with demiromantic individuals, but it’s not the same. Those who are gray-romantic don’t know what makes them feel romance every now and then. It can be completely sporadic and there’s not a single trait nor person who can make them feel it. This is much different them demiromantics.
Men aren’t that different than women regarding this topic. We all spend our time thinking if another person likes us, unsure of what to do. We’re only human. But the way best way to see if she’s into you, is to watch what she does.
17 ways to stop asking “does she like me?”
Remember, fells. All you have to do is keep your eyes open. Don’t complicate things. As the saying goes, “actions speak louder than words.” There’s reason that saying is so popular… because it’s true. But you still need to be realistic and not fool yourself. So here are some ways to know if she’s into you.
- She’s hanging around. Listen, we don’t hang around guys that we’re not interested in. I mean, we have our male friends, but if you’re a new guy, there’s no way I’m spending time with you if I don’t feel anything. It’s not going to happen. People only spend time with those they find worthy of giving their time to.
- She carries on the conversation. She may be shy in the beginning, however, that doesn’t mean she’s not interested. You have to give her some time to relax and open up.
Now, if she never does open up, then that’s different. However, if she’s the one carrying on conversation and engaging, then that’s a good sign that she’s interested in what you have to say.
- All about the laughs. If she’s laughing at even your dad jokes, then that’s a great sign she’s into you. If I’m not interested in a guy and he cracks a lame joke, the most he’ll get is a pity smile – that’s right, a pity smile. But if she’s tearing up from laughing at your jokes, she really finds you funny. And women love funny guys.
- It’s in the eyes. If you stop looking at our boobs for two seconds and move your eyes up, you can actually see her interest in you. Her eyes will sparkle when she’s listening to you talk or when she’s looking at you while laughing. You’ll see it. You just need to look.]
- She acknowledges you. If we don’t like you, then you might get a “hi” if you’re lucky. For the most part, we’ll ignore you. But if she acknowledges you in a room and gives you attention, well, then it’s only a matter of time.
- All smiles. If she can’t stop smiling around you, well, come on, she’s one happy girl. If we don’t like the guy, you’ll be lucky if we even crack a smile. But if we’re really into you, our faces will be sore by the end of the day.
- Her friends know about you. Yeah, well, we don’t tell our friends about guys that we’re not interested in. Honestly, there’s no point. We talk about guys that we potentially are interested in. So, if her friends know about you, she’s been talking.
- She relaxes around you. This will take some time, but if you notice her acting less tense and more natural, then that’s a good sign that she’s becoming comfortable. Maybe she’ll tell you her bad jokes or accidentally burp in front of you and laugh it off.
- She touches you. She’s not going to rub your dick, I’m sorry, it doesn’t work like that. But she will touch your arm while she laughs, or maybe she’ll give you a back massage. If she takes the initiative to touch you, then she’s interested. I wouldn’t touch a guy who I don’t like. That would be egging him on.
- Asks if you have a girlfriend. She probably won’t ask you straight up, but she’ll most likely say something like, “Oh, I bet your girlfriend laughs all the time at your jokes.” Bam. That’s it. That’s the ticket. She’s fishing to see what your status is.]
- Revealed personal information. I’m not talking about her SIN number or her credit card pin. Maybe her parents divorced when she was young and that traumatized her, or that her grandma recently died. You don’t tell this information to people you just met or don’t trust. If she opens up to you about this, then she trusts you.
- She’s fully present when around you. Her phone isn’t being checked every two seconds and she’s not ignoring you while she’s talking to her friends. No, no, no. She’s fully present, her phone is put away, and she’s engulfed in conversation with you. That is someone who likes you.
- You two text and are active on social media. If she’s texting you and liking your statuses on Face book, that’s great. I know, you would not have known that social media would be an indicator for knowing if she likes you, but it is. If you’re the one who’s always texting her and liking her posts, stop and see if she starts texting you instead. If she doesn’t, then she’s not really interested in you.
- She teases you. This is called flirting. If she’s flirting with you and teasing you playfully, that’s a great sign. Flirt back and see what she does. Don’t be shy to flirt back; it’s a great way to build up sexual tension between the two of you.
- She wants to be close. If you guys are hanging out, she may be walking close to you or sitting beside you without much light in between you guys. And that’s a good thing. We like to be close to people we feel safe and secure around. Same goes you for guys as well. If she likes you, she’ll want to be close to you.
- She hints at hanging out one-on-one. She may suggest there’s some new movie that she’d like to see or that she loves going to the beach. That’s your in. That’s the moment that you have to grab the opportunity. So, if she says things like that, then suggest the two of you going and see her reaction.
- She doesn’t reject anything sexual. Well, this is a solid sign. If you go to kiss her and she doesn’t dodge you… then go for it. If she kisses you back, then that’s a great sign. If she doesn’t turn down any sexual moves on your end, then obviously, you shouldn’t be worried.
Don’t worry. We have the answers for you. But let’s start with why the marriage proposal is important to a girl. Because you probably don’t really understand.
Why a proposal is important to a girl
Unfortunately, the expectations are probably high for you to give her the “perfect proposal.” I know, it’s not fair. Why does the guy have to do anything more than utter the four simple words, “Will you marry me?” I mean, it’s straight to the point and accomplishes your goal. But that’s not what she wants. And here’s why.
#1 It’s like a fairy tale. We all grow up with Disney movies, fairy tales, and chick flicks that teach us that we want to be Cinderella and find our Prince. These romantic story lines are ingrained into our consciousness, so we want to be a part of that by having a super romantic proposal.
#2 It’s bragging rights. When someone asks a woman, “How did he propose?” she doesn’t want to say, “Well, he spontaneously blurted it out while we were having sex.” She wants to brag to her friends about how awesome her proposal was! Whether you like it or not, it’s true.
#3 It’s a good story. Your girl wants to tell your grandchildren her proposal story. And pretty much everyone she meets. She wants to be the envy of everyone because she had such an amazing proposal that met all her expectations.
#4 It is a measure of your love for her. Okay, I know it’s not fair, but in a girl’s mind, she measures your love for her by how you propose to her. I know, I know! I said it wasn’t fair to you. But you don’t want her thinking, “If only he loved me more, he would have done something more special.”
#5 She’s been dreaming of it her whole life. It’s that one moment all girls dream of. Her Prince has finally decided to spend the rest of his life with her, and she can’t believe it has arrived! It’s a momentous occasion for girls.
Creative tips for how to propose to a girl
Now that I have you all worried and you’re probably thinking of running for the hills, calm down. I have some unique tips for how to propose to a girl. Look them over and do what feels right to you. Here they are.
#1 Create a scavenger hunt. You’ve been to an Easter egg hunt, right? Well, create something like that with little clues to find the prize *the ring* at the end.
#2 Make a movie of your photos and videos. I’m sure there are tons of photos and videos of the two of you on social media and/or your phones. Put them into a video with music with “Will You Marry Me?” at the very end.
#3 Propose at the beach. This is a good option if you live near a beach or are going to be on vacation. Write “Will You Marry Me?” in the sand before you go for a walk. Better yet, include her name so she knows the message is for her.
#4 Take her on vacation. Even if you don’t go on vacation to a beach, anywhere can be romantic. Proposing on vacation is something out of the ordinary. It’s different than proposing in your kitchen at home. Now, that would be lame.
#5 Do it during a sporting event. You’ve probably seen it a bunch of times on TV and Youtube. Arrange ahead of time to put “Will you marry me, Sara?” on the board at halftime. The crowd will love it… especially her!
#6 At a good friend or family member’s wedding. Now, you’ll have to check with the people ahead of time because you don’t want to ruin someone else’s special day. But it could be very cool, and something she won’t expect.
#7 Flash mob. Okay, this one is super ambitious. But even if you grab a group of your friends and/or family members, it’s very cool and memorable way to propose. Especially if she’s a really fun person, she’ll love it!
#8 Ring in the champagne. This one is pretty typical. Take her out for a fancy dinner, and then when she isn’t looking, slip the ring in the champagne. Just don’t forget to get down on your knee.
#9 Hide the ring in multiple boxes. Maybe it’s her birthday, or you just got back from a business trip. Get her a present, but put the ring in a series of a lot of bigger boxes so she has to dig through them all to get to it.
#10 Surprise her on a business trip. Maybe she’s in New Orleans for business, well, fly there and show up at her hotel room with flowers, champagne, and the ring. She’ll be very surprised!
You probably know the hymen as the stupid-a** thing that’s the keeper of your virginity. Oh that, and it makes having sexual intercourse for the first time a very painful and bloody ordeal. Except, most of what you know about the hymen might be incorrect. You see, all these notions of popping one’s cherry and the role of this little membrane in it are handed down from generation to generation–until they became engrained in pop culture and hence the collective memories of young ladies. In short, there’s a high chance that what you know about your hymen actually has no scientific basis. In any case, what you do need to know is right here.
The Hymen Doesn’t Really Cover the Vaginal Opening
We have come to think of the hymen as a shield covering the vaginal opening, waiting to be pierced open by the male member. This, however, is not true. Because had this been the case, virgin girls wouldn’t bleed out during menstruation as the membrane wouldn’t allow anything to flow out-until, of course, it was surgically removed. In fact, the hymen is a doughnut-shaped tissue lining the inside of your vagina. It has an opening in the middle which basically allows a free flow of period blood, and serves as an entryway for tampons and erections.
Not All Hymens Are the Same
More or less; all hymens have an opening (one out of 200 women are born with an imperforate hymen, which completely obstructs the vaginal opening). However, not all openings are the same. Some have a honeycomb structure with multiple openings, while others resemble ladders.
The Hymen Doesn’t Break
we’re talking about an extremely elastic tissue here. So, upon sexual intercourse the hymen doesn’t really break-it tears. And if you think, after the first few times the hymen magically disappears-you’re wrong. It stays right there, gradually thinning away.
It’s Constantly Changing
Here’s the thing: we don’t lose our virginity with the hymen we were born with. Let us explain. At birth the hymeneal tissue is quite thick. But as years go by-and as a result of walking, running, athletic activities, and masturbation-the tissue thins and wears away and its opening widens. By the time we come of age (read: are ready to have sex), it’s thin enough to enjoy for us carnal pleasures without pain. Which brings us to…?
The Pain is Not your Hymen’s Doing
Like we said, by the time you’re an adolescent the hymeneal tissue is really worn out and thin, and rarely causes discomfort. So, the pain you feel during your first tryst with sexual intercourse can be caused by a lot of things. Maybe you’re not wet enough down there and the friction is getting unbearable; your partner is a little too harsh with your nether regions; you’re dreading pain which is making you anxious and causing discomfort where there should be none; or you’re just not ready yet.
Your Hymen Is Not the Reason Why You Bleed
It’s time to permanently erase that culturally-approved image of white sheet with blood stains from your head, because get this: not all women bleed during their first time. And those who do, should not be blaming their poor little hymens-because this tissue is quite thin and has very little blood supply allotted to it. The vaginal tissue, on the other hand, is laden with red blood cells and not used to the thumping and pounding your first time might entail.
The Hymen is Not an Indicator of Your Virginity
You know it doesn’t always need to hurt and you know there is no guarantee that you’ll bleed-so then how is your hymen a tool to judge your virginity? In fact, biologically there is no one way to tell whether a woman is sexually active. In our opinion, virginity is a personal choice and shouldn’t be anybody else’s beeswax-even if that person is your significant other. But that’s a story for another day.